Here are step-by-step instructions on how to get digital content on your Kindle. Have questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Check Out a Kindle Book
It is best to have your Kindle connected to WiFi. 3G connections do not work with library titles. If you are not connected to WiFi, you must “Sync and Check out Items on your Kindle Menu” after you connect. If you have a Kindle without WiFi, see transferring directions below.
1. Visit the Digital Downloads section at ncantonlibrary.org to find a book in the Kindle format
2. On the Ohio ebook page click Sign In, in the upper right corner
3. Select the North Canton Public Library from the drop down list
4. Enter Library Card number and pin. (If forgotten, see the reference desk)
5. In the search bar type the name of the book you are looking for.
6. Click Add to Cart
7. Click Proceed to Checkout
8. Click Confirm Check Out
9. Select the Get for Kindle button that displays with your book; you will be sent to the Amazon site.
10. Sign in to your Amazon account (or create an Amazon account if needed)
11. Choose your Kindle device from the Deliver to: drop down menu
12. Click the Get library book button to check out the book
Transferring a Kindle Book to the Kindle
If you have a current generation Kindle model (Kindle 3 or newer) and are connected to WiFi, the eBook will download wirelessly and you can start reading now.
Although earlier Kindle models do not have WiFi, you can transfer Kindle Books from a PC to these models using a USB cable:
13. On a PC connected to the Internet, visit amazon.com/mangeyourkindle
14. Under Your Kindle Library, you should see the Kindle eBook that you checked out above
15. Click the Actions button for the book you want to transfer
16. Select Download and transfer via USB
17. Under Which Kindle will you transfer to? Select your Kindle from the drop down menu
18. Select Download and Save the file to a location that is easy to find again, such as the desktop
19. Connect your Kindle to your computer using the USB cable
20. Your Kindle will appear as an external USB drive on your PC
21. Move and download file into the Documents directory on the Kindle USB drive by clicking and dragging
22. You may have to eject your Kindle before the document appears in the Kindle home screen
How to Begin Reading on Your Kindle
Newly downloaded books will display on your Kindle home screen.
For more information check out: