In 1944, the Little Art Gallery acquired the first piece of its permanent collection, donated by the Women’s Club of North Canton. Since then, the collection has grown to include more than 200 pieces. The gallery’s original piece, “The Cove” by artist Edward H. Potthast is on permanent loan to the Butler Museum of Art. The oldest piece in our on-site collection is Dogwood Study II by artist, Rena Pottorf. This piece was created in 1916 and was acquisitioned by the Little Art Gallery in 1946, a gift of Sally Donze.