Ohio Consumer Information
- Public Utilities Commission of Ohio - The PUCO provides apples to apples rate comparisons for Ohio public utilities. Will help solve disputes between consumers and utility companies.
- Office of the Ohio Consumers' Counsel - The Consumer's Counsel is the residential utility advocate, representing households in proceedings before state and federal regulators and in the courts. It provides info and responds to consumer questions about electric, natural gas, telephone and water services.
- Ohio Health Insurance Guide - Free health insurance quotes and comparisons. Describes policy regulations and lists rules insurance companies must follow. Topics include open enrollment, preexisting conditions, limits on cancellations and temporary/conversion policies.
- Ohio Health Care Association - Consumer information on health care, nursing facilities, living wills, durable power of attorney and advance directives.
- Ohio Insurance Facts - This site offers insurance related information such as winter weather concerns for homeowners, free fire safety brochures and window stickers and recent legislation. Follow the link to the insurance factbook for a variety of information such as Ohio drunk driving laws, the most stolen makes of vehicles list, collisions with deer by couty, fire and tornado statistics, how to save money buying insurance, insurance terminology, company information and insurance statistics of all kinds.
- Office of the Ohio Consumers' Counsel
- Ohio Department of Natural Resources - Provides a map locator of the abandoned mines in Ohio. It also has an abandoned mine lands development.
- State of Ohio - Official state of Ohio web site offers information on licensing, registrations, tax forms and links to state agencies.
- GovEngine - State Government - Information on government at the state level.
- Ohio Office of Strategic Research - Ohio county profiles. Economic, Industrial and Demographic trends.
- Governing: Sourcebook - Links to state and major cities homepages, national associations and research organizations.
- Ohio Division of Securities
- Ohio Department of Commerce - Choose current and archival news releases, choose by years and topic.
- Stark County Government - Links to elected officials, county agencies and services as well as some legal forms used by Stark County Courts. You can find out about road closings and detours, and research real estate and taxes.
- City of North Canton - Official site of the City of North Canton. Offers information about the government, schools, news and local events.
- GovEngine - Local Government - Information on government at the local level.
- Stark County Government Forms - This site has a variety of legal forms used by Stark County courts.
- Dockets for Stark County and Municipal Courts - Civil, criminal and traffic.
- City of Canton - Links to city departments, courts, ordinances and much more.
- State of Ohio Government Info and Services - Ohio state officials and offices.
- Ohio Secretary of State
- Ohio Attorney General - Includes information on consumer protection, victim's services, law enforcement and much more.
- Heartland Science - Discover how Ohioans have changed the world through innovations in science, engineering, technology, medicine and health care.
- Ohio Academy of Science - Find dates and information on science fairs in Ohio. Also includes standards and guidelines for projects.
- Ohioline - Research based information on a wide variety of topics, including business, agriculture, environment, family and more with helpful "Fact Sheets."
- Ohio Traveler - Find information on all types of Ohio attractions, from fairs and festivals to state parks, museums, and performing arts.
- Ohio Festivals & Events - List of popular festivals with a description and contact information. Many include web links.
- Ohio Department of Natural Resources - List of state parks with a calendar of events and programs.
- Stark Parks - List of Stark County Parks and a calendar of events and programs offered.